Glossary for DC gearmotor
1 kgf.cm = 13.8874 oz.in = 0.867962 lb.in = 9.8 mNm = 0.07233 lb.ft = 1000 gf.cm = 9.8 Ncm
1 oz.in = 0.0720 kgf.cm = 0.0625 lb.in = 7.06155 mNm
1 lb.in = 1.15212 kgf.cm = 16 oz.in = 112.985 mNm
1 mNm = 0.010197 kgf.cm = 0.1416 oz.in = 0.8851 lb.in
1 inch = 2.54 cm = 25.4 mm = 0.00833 ft
1 mm = 0.0394 inch = 0.0033 ft = 1000 μ
1 ft = 12 inches = 304.8 mm = 30.48 cm
1 kg = 1000 g = 2.205 lb = 35.28 oz
1 oz = 0.0283 kg = 0.0625 lb = 28.35 g
1 lb = 0.4536 kg = 16 oz = 453.6 g
T(℃) Celsius = 5/9 T (℉)-32
T(℉) Fahrenheit = 9/5 T (℃)+32
Terminology for the Gear Motor
- Rated Voltage: The specific voltage required by the gear motor under normal working conditions for which its optimal performance is displayed. Typically, the power supply voltage should not vary by more than 10% of the motor's rated voltage so as not to negatively affect the speed, current, torque, and temperature. An operation requiring over-voltage will result in a higher current running through but the gear motor may experience a shortened life span. An under-voltage operation will not be running at peak levels resulting in experiences of lower current, efficiency, and torque. Therefore, maintenance of the proper voltage is an important factor in obtaining good performance.
- No-Load Speed: The revolutions per minute with no load applied to the drive shaft. This is linearly proportional to the applied voltage.
- Rated Speed: The most favorable speed (rpm) of the gear motor shall be a rated voltage and rated output torque.
- No-Load Current: Current drawn at rated voltage under no-load conditions. The current is caused by internal mechanical friction losses occurring between the brush and commutator segments as well as the bush/bearing and shaft friction.
- Rated Torque: The rated torque is a loaded turning force under rated voltage. The applied gear motor may be operated only at the allowable level. Operation at a load higher than rated torque for the gear motor is never recommended.
- Starting Torque: The torque delivered by a motor at the instant and maximum current. Starting torque is much higher than rated running or full load torque.
- Duty Cycle: The relationship between the operating and rest time, or repeatable operation at different load. Duty cycle in percentage values is equal to the ON-time divided by the sum of the On-time plus the Off-time x 100%. The DC brush gear motor can operate under intermittent or continuous duty within the temperature limits. But, most micro DC brush gear motors are often used within a short time of intermittent duty.
- Duty Cycle(%)= On-time ÷ (On-time ＋ off-time) × 100%
Maximum Allowable Torque: The running torque can be increased in accordance with the bigger gearbox reduction ratio. However, the practical limitation of loading torque shall be affected by the gear material, rising temperature, and some other conditions. Please refer to the gearbox specifications on page.
- Gear Train Transmission Efficiency: Expressed in percentage values, the transmission efficiency determines the friction between the bush and gears as well as the resistance of lubricant, etc. The efficiency is about 81% when the gear ratio is in the first gear section and 73% in the second section; that is, as the gear (reduction) ratio becomes greater, the section number increases and the transmission efficiency decreases by 66%, 59%, 53%, and 48%.
- Radial Load: A force pushing or pulling the side of side of the output shaft. If the force exceeds the allowable radial load for the motor or gear motor, it will cause the output shaft to break and cause premature wear of the output shaft bearing/bush as well as the gears.
- Axial Load: A force on the output shaft into or out of the motor or gear motor. If the force exceeds the allowable axial load for the motor or gear motor, it will cause premature wear of the output shaft bearing and gearing.
- Download dependent files
- Related Products
We manufacture and supply dia. 22mm dc gearmotors with supply voltage from 6VDC to 24VDC and output speed range 1rpm to 1000rpm to fit your applications such as medical device, bank equipment, medical instruments, robot kits, automatic blinds, robotics, safety equipments, electric locks, communication equipments, traffic machines, household automatic equipments, business equipments, power tools, vending machines, ticket dispenser, electric valves and small actuators. Our Φ22mm series dc planetary gear motor can also be assembled with magnetic encoder.
According to customer diversity dc gear motor requirements, Hennkwell PK32 series offer several cored brush motor types for evaluation. Dia. 32mm series have standard dia. 6mm and dia.8mm D-cut output shaft for choice. We can adjust our dc tubular motor speed and gear ratio to meet with your need. We also produce 12PPR magnetic encoder to assemble with our Φ32 series dc generator motor.
Our dia.38mm dc gearmotor can combine various spec. motors with a wide of range reduction gearboxes to obtain your required output speed and torque. Lead wires, magnetic encoder and custom-made output shaft are also available.
Hennkwell PK43 series brush gearmotor is suitable for using a short time/ intermittent and low speed operation with high torque devices such as mechanical equipment, small automation machine, ice breaker, household appliance, business machine, and other electric equipments. Its square size gearbox feature to easy install.
22mm coreless Series
Hennkwell DC coreless motors are available in 22mm diameter can assemble with our dia.22mm planetary gearbox or encoder to meet most application requirements. Its quick response, higher efficiency, no cogging, low inertia, low noise & vibration, longer life features are perfected choice for medical device, small pumps, document handing/dispending equipment, banking and office automation, robotics, security and access and other products.
Hennkwell DC brushless motors are available in 38mm diameter with our diameter 38mm planetary gearbox to increase torque and lower output speed for a wide range of applications. Brushless DC gear motor features with long life span operation, the speed signal output for constant speed control, high torque output, low EMI.Typical applications are medical equipment, robotics, automatic controls, pumps and office equipment and so on.